The land is located close to the metropolis of Thessaloniki. Thessaloniki is a gate-city, with international scope and a very important port. Also, it rests on the two axes of the main tourist flows of Greece and from the European and global tourist market.
The following features bestow on the site a strong touristic potential for the attraction of domestic and foreign tourism:
a) Unique location
e) Vegetation and ecological environment
f) Presence of liquid element
g) Sandy beach with crystal waters (one km long)
2. Cultural heritage
a) Archaeological sites and historic monuments (e.g. Ancient Stagira)
b) Spiritual institutions and related museums
c) The site of Mount Athos
d) Easy access to Mount Athos (main religious tourist attraction)
a) The opportunity to visit Halkidiki villages and meet its hospitable population
b) Thefishing bay of Mount Athos gulf
a) Luxury tourist facilities
b) Exciting night life (Stavros, Asprovalta, Olympiada, lerissos)
– Infrastructure for higher level tourism – five stars hotel unit
– Creation of luxury bungalows
– Creation of marina
– Golf courses and accommodation for this purpose, different sports courts – mini football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, etc., horseback riding, naturalist group and water sports group
– Infrastructure to promote religious tourism at Mount Athos
– Conference Centres
– Other recreational facilities and catering etc.
– Geothermal spas
– Man-made waste water treatment plant, improvement of forest road network, construction of re- servoirs and ponds, fire observatories, game farm and wildlife park, hunting club etc.